Outdoor Snakes & Ladders
What You Will Need:
- Access to an asphalt or concrete surface
- Sidewalk Chalk (multiple colours)
- Dice, cards, paper cut into pieces with numbers, or anything with numbers on them that can be drawn to tell you how many spaces to move.
How to Play:
- Using your chalk, draw a game grid. Use one colour for the number grid (squares and numbers). Your grid can have as many numbers as you want to draw.
- Draw your snakes and ladders anywhere you want on the grid using different colours of chalk.
- Take turns to roll the dice, pull a card, or draw a random number. Then move yourself forward (as a human game piece) that number of spaces. For example, if you roll your dice and roll 10, you move 10 spaces.
- If you land at the bottom of a ladder, you can move up to the top of the ladder and are now that number.
- If you land on the head of a snake, you must slide down to the bottom of the snake and are now on that number.
- The first player to get to the space that says ‘HOME’ or the highest number on the grid is the winner.
This YMCA Beyond the Bell activity supports the program goals to: Realize Academic Achievement | Improve Health and Wellness | Explore Culture & Creativity | Develop Social Skills.
Donors to the YMCA make Beyond the Bell possible.