What You Will Need:
· 1 disposable paper or plastic cup for each focus word
· 1 ping pong ball Setting up the game: Write one focus word on the bottom of each cup. Arrange the cups in a triangle formation across a table top.
How to play:
1. Players take turns bouncing the ping pong ball into the cups.
2. When a ball lands in a cup, turn over that cup and read the word on the bottom or cover it up and spell it. Then leave the cup flipped over so you know you have finished it.
3. Players can get a point for each correct answer, or play for fun without scoring. NOTE: If you have lots of people playing, you can divide everyone into two teams. You can choose how many points a team needs to win, then the first team to reach that number of points is the winner.
These YMCA Beyond the Bell activities support the program goals to: Realize Academic Achievement | Improve Health and Wellness | Explore Culture & Creativity | Develop Social Skills. Donors to the YMCA make Beyond the Bell possible.