Activity of The Week – Word-Wac-Woe
What do you need:
- a list of words
2. index cards
3. a piece of paper and pencil for each player
How to play the game:
- Pick 15-20 spelling words you’re working on and write each of them on an index card.
- Each player draws a tic-tac-toe grid on their paper – each space should be big enough to write a word in.
- Layout all the words for all the players to see. Each player picks 9 words and writes a word in each space on their grid.
- Try to have different words than your friends, but it’s ok if some words are the same.
- Collect all the words and put them in a pile facing down.
- Players can take turns flipping over the top card and reading it out loud.
- If the word is on your grid, you can cross it off.
- The first player to cross off all the words wins! You can also play until the first players get 4 corners or 3 in a row
These YMCA Beyond the Bell activities support the program goals to: Realize Academic Achievement | Improve Health and Wellness | Explore Culture & Creativity | Develop Social Skills.
Donors to the YMCA make Beyond the Bell possible.