What You Will Need:
- 9 Hula hoops. If you do not have hula hoops, you can be creative to use items around the home such as string, cord or tape to make the playing area.
- 3 similar coloured items for Team 1 and another 3 similar coloured items for Team 2 to mark the spots on the tic- tac- toe playing area. (Can use flags, towels, bean bags, etc.)
How to play:
- Set up the hula hoops (or other items from home) in a 3 by 3 square .
- Form 2 even teams in lines.
- On ‘GO’, teams will race one at a time and place an item in a hoop trying to get 3 in a row (Tic-Tac-Toe). If Tic-Tac-Toe is unsuccessful within those 3 turns, the next players running will remove ONE of their items to an empty hoop until Tic-Tac-Toe is successful.
- Players may hop, skip, gallop, etc. instead of running.
This YMCA Beyond the Bell activity supports the program goals to: Realize Academic Achievement | Improve Health and Wellness | Explore Culture & Creativity | Develop Social Skills.
Donors to the YMCA make Beyond the Bell possible.